Monday, February 4, 2008

My Number One Critic

When we go to a party, he would say what dress I have to wear

How to carry my hair

The right shades for my face

He would tell me, you have to go to the powder room now

Your face is already oily

Oh, how fat you have become

Put some lotion, your skin is dry

All simple things, does it hurt?

He would say I talk loud

I am lazy

Does not know how to take care of our son

Oh, sometimes, it hurts.

But do you know that all of the above things are said lovingly?

I know it is for my own good.

He wants me to look nice.

He does not want me to be criticized by others.

Because, if that happens…he just does not know what he could be capable of doing

Just to stand by my side

And comfort me, and convince me

I am the best in his eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mica,

That is a lovely poem though if it is my hubby, I would expect him to show a little sensitivity to my feelings too albeit the fact that he cares for me. :D

I have a tag for you at ChatnChill.

Serena